[Diy_efi] tiny injection

MarkoNTL marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 24 19:02:21 GMT 2002

> Try making a turbo for your Nitro engine before injecting it.  These
things
> are so simple that you can't inject them.

The cars are usually '15' engines, or 0.15 cubic inches. "Big" model plane
enignes are in the 1.4 to 3 cubic inch range. Do turbos exist for things
that size? Cras theres little merit in injecting as they're always hard on
throttle and hard on brakes and sod any low-mid range. Planes OTOH where
fuel is heavy and limits duration, and where you're likely to 'cruise' on
part throttle the Efi would be advantageous. They're not as 'small' as you'd
imagine mind - my bro's OS 46 uses 300ccs of fuel every 10 minutes, small
but thirsty so injectors may not be a problem after all. Best has to be the
model jet turbines though... ...a litre of jet fuel in 6 minutes and 150mph
top end. :)