[Diy_efi] tiny injection

Marc Reibel marc at reibel-web.de
Tue Jun 25 06:57:44 GMT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Santi Udomkesmalee wrote:

> I didn't really think RC nitro engines needed to be injected, nor did I
> think it would really help performance.  I just thought it might be a fun
> little project, and provide some serious bragging rights.  Also, they are
> starting to make four-stroke Nitro engines, and I thought it might be kind
> of cool to have an injected one of those.
>
> I think making a turbo would be quite hard since I don't think turbines that
> small are easy to come by.  But this makes me want to design and build a
> small belt driven supercharger.  Does anyone out there have any experience
> fabricating superchargers.  Anybody want to point me to some books?  Is
> there any way to make a super charger without having to cut extremely
> complex compressor wheels or blades (I unfortunatly don't have access to a 6
> axis cnc machine)
>
> -santi

Why should it be helpfull to put a turbo on a RC nitro
engine?
This engines are runnning a very high compression ratio and
I'm not shure if the crank-case holds the pressure..
(I'm talking of 2-stroke engines..)

Marc
--
Marc Reibel <marc at reibel-web.de> <http://www.reibel-web.de>
PGP Key: 0xBC41A832/B4BB 179B 38B1 6C65 31FA B51C DBB6 A50A