[Diy_efi] injector placement

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Tue Jun 25 12:26:37 GMT 2002

Hi Marvin,

With my 2.5L inline 4 cyl engine, I can place the injectors either at the
bottom of the runners about 2.5" from the valve or at the top of the runners
just below the butterflies.  The intake is an independant runner style with
about 9" runner length and 4 32mm throttle bodies.  The engine has a redline
of 4500rpm and with carbs the torque peak was at 2000rpm.  I don't have
access to a dyno but full throttle acceleration times were the same with
either placement but part throttle control and idle is noticably better with
the injectors just below the butterflies.  When driving off-road in the
lowest range without touching the throttle, the speed doesn't bog down as
much with the higher injector placement.  Highway fuel economy is slightly
better too (about 4%).

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561