[Diy_efi] DIY-WBO2 circuit now ceramic effects

Jay Wallace jwallace at nist.gov
Tue Jun 25 19:14:30 GMT 2002

Right you are. Quartz (one of the 7 crystalline forms of SiO2, not
to be confused with quartz glass which is amorphous) is
piezoelectric. The point that I was trying to make is that ceramic
is not the same as piezoelectric.There are, in fact, several
crystal classes for which the piezoelectric effect is forbidden;
alumina and (cubic) zirconia belong to these forbidden classes.

Jay