[Diy_efi] injector placement

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 26 11:32:49 GMT 2002

Hi Marvin,

My gut feeling is that the injectors should be very close to the valves OR
very close to the butterflies but not somewhere in the middle.  My engine
has a little longer run in the head for me to squirt directly on the back of
the valve.  Just before or just after the butterflies would get a fuel/air
mixing improvement from the turbulance from the edge of the partially closed
butterflies at anything other than WOT.  In my engine, the butterflies are
about 3 inches farther from the valves than they were with the carbs.  They
are now where the tops of the carbs were but the total intake length from
the air horn to the valves is the same as with the carbs.

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561
nite 631 286-5677