[Diy_efi] tiny injection

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Wed Jun 26 18:43:54 GMT 2002

>The whole point of the bypass in the PD application is to minimize
>how much air you are moving thru the compressor.  The engine draws
>most of its air in thru the bypass.  I arrived at this from 1.5 years
>of research into positive displacement blower/compressor applications
>to automobiles.

OK, I see what you are saying. Yes, I agree with that.  I was assuming
you were talking about bypassing only the pressure from the s/c.

>> > This is probably more important
>> >for a positive displacement blower though...
>>
>> The only thing pos. displacement blowers need is a safety blow-off in
>> case of manifold backfire.
>>

>Then please explain why most if not all implementations of draw-thru
>positive displacement blowers incorporate a bypass valve to reduce
>power draw of the blower under idle and cruise conditions where
>boost is not helpful, nor needed?
>
>I guess we need to go tell Eaton, Magnuson, Ford, GM, Mercedes,
>Mazda, and many aftermarket kits that they are all wrong...
>
>Somehow I don't think the major OEM's have incorporated the bypass
>valves to act as a backfire blow-off...

See above.

We've built a lot of s/c and turbocharged engines also.  In fact, we
produce kits, as well as hold several power records.  Notwithstanding,
the efficiency of centrifugal s/c's operating in a 'vaccuum,' or
cavitating with no flow, is almost identical.  There is no question about
this -  we've spent many years studying the data, and developing our
systems/products.

Marc Reviel
PowerLogix, http://powerlogix.com, co-owner/CTO
Forced-Air Systems of Texas, http://www.f-a-s-tonline.com, co-owner