[Diy_efi] tiny injection

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Wed Jun 26 19:03:05 GMT 2002

> OK, I see what you are saying. Yes, I agree with that.  I was
> assuming
> you were talking about bypassing only the pressure from the s/c.

Nope, that is not required in a draw thru design!!!

Obviously we were looking at this from 2 differing perspectives,
you from the blow-thru centrifugal side, and me from the draw-thru
PD side.

> We've built a lot of s/c and turbocharged engines also.  In fact, we
> produce kits, as well as hold several power records.
> Notwithstanding,
> the efficiency of centrifugal s/c's operating in a 'vaccuum,' or
> cavitating with no flow, is almost identical.  There is no
> question about
> this -  we've spent many years studying the data, and developing our
> systems/products.

So if I read this correctly, what you are saying is that you see little
difference in parasitic drag from the centrifugal under cruise or
idle conditions whether or not you have a bypass?

I do understand that certain of the centrifugal compressor designs
are VERY unforgiving when it comes to using them without a bypass
for rapid throttle closings (read:  belt type of internal speed
increase rather than gear driven).

Now I think we are on the same wavelength!

Steve