[Diy_efi] Intercooled question

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 26 19:30:08 GMT 2002

At 7:38 PM 6/26/02, MarkoNTL wrote:
>something about running propane around under the hood of a car that could
>conceivably be hit very hard, rupturing the system, bothers me. I know most
>refrigerants are flammable, but propane just seems more volatile to me.
>
>---
>
>Only a kilogram or two tops. Might pop the bonnet off, but nothing
>spectacular. Dashboard assy would protect occupants - lots of
>foam/cloth/hardboard to absorb explosion energy.

Fact is, a propane leak from this small a total charge is significantly
less dangerous than an underhood gasoline leak.

Pick your poison !! Propane is an excellent refrigerant, and the fact that
it is totally miscible with mineral base refrigeration oil is another big
plus.

On another front--does anybody here know the heat of vaporization of
hydrazine offhand?? (H2-N2-H2)
Might be even _more_  interesting to inject it pre-IC than propane or
nitrous !!!

Greg (mad chemist, about to FAX a CV to GAF (General Aniline & Fuel before
they got politically correct)

(Whoever it vas who suggested using Zyclon B in the air conditionsr, please
contact me off-list?? Ve might yust haf a yob for you !! ) :-)

(cc.: ODESSA)