[Diy_efi] Where is the best place to weld a WB bung on 5.0

Renaud renaud.leguillette at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 28 13:18:47 GMT 2002

--=====================_173672859==_.ALT

I will put it on the driver side because the leanest cylinder is on this side.

Renaud.

I'm going to weld mine into the passenger side tube near the stock O2
sensor. I'm using the passenger side simply because that is where all of
my data logging hardware will reside, and I want to make it as simple as
possible with wire lengths as short as possible. Look around for a
convenient location near the stock sensor, that is not in the way of
anything. Also, they do recommend to mount it so that the sensor tip is
pointed down (opposite of the stock sensors). This is to keep any moisture
from accumulating in the sensor.
Brian

--=====================_-472902979==_.ALT
I'm going to weld mine into the passenger side tube near the stock O2
sensor. I'm using the passenger side simply because that is where all of my
data logging hardware will reside, and I want to make it as simple as
possible with wire lengths as short as possible. Look around for a
convenient location near the stock sensor, that is not in the way of
anything. Also, they do recommend to mount it so that the sensor tip is
pointed down (opposite of the stock sensors). This is to keep any moisture
from accumulating in the sensor.

Brian

--=====================_173672859==_.ALT

I will put it on the driver side because the leanest cylinder is on this
side.<br><br>
Renaud.<br><br>

<dl>
<dd>I'm going to weld mine into the passenger side tube near the stock O2
<dd>sensor. I'm using the passenger side simply because that is where all
of
<dd>my data logging hardware will reside, and I want to make it as simple
as
<dd>possible with wire lengths as short as possible. Look around for a
<dd>convenient location near the stock sensor, that is not in the way of
<dd>anything. Also, they do recommend to mount it so that the sensor tip
is
<dd>pointed down (opposite of the stock sensors). This is to keep any
moisture
<dd>from accumulating in the sensor.

<dd>&gt;Anyone?
<dd>&gt;I can never find anything in those archives.
<dd>&gt;-Troy
<dd>&gt;----- Original Message -----
<dd>&gt;From:
<dd>&gt;To:
<dd>&gt;Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 11:20 PM
<dd>&gt;Subject: [Diy_efi] Where is the best place to weld a WB bung on
5.0 exhaust?
<dd>&gt;
<dd>&gt;Where is the best place to weld a WB bung on a 5.0 exhaust?
Driver or
<dd>&gt;passenger side? Should the placement be approx. around the oxygen
sensor?
<dd>&gt;
<dd>&gt;thanks
<dd>&gt;
<dd>&gt;-Troy
<dd>--=====================_-472902979==_.ALT
<dd>Content-Type: text/html; charset=&quot;us-ascii&quot;
<dd>I'm going to weld mine into the passenger side tube near the stock O2
sensor. I'm using the passenger side simply because that is where all of
my data logging hardware will reside, and I want to make it as simple as
possible with wire lengths as short as possible. Look around for a
convenient location near the stock sensor, that is not in the way of
anything. Also, they do recommend to mount it so that the sensor tip is
pointed down (opposite of the stock sensors). This is to keep any
moisture from accumulating in the sensor.<br><br>

</dl></html>