DIY telemetry ... Re: [Diy_efi] tiny injection

Kenny W watson at iamfun.com
Fri Jun 28 18:37:56 GMT 2002

I work with 16 series pics all day long and can't stand
them. I'm looking to switch either back to Motorola
(I'm one of those old schoolers who was forced to
memorize every nook and cranny of the HC11 in tech
school. hee hee). What's up with not having any access
to the stack? Brutal, just brutal. No compare
functions. Ugh. It's a little better if you're using a
higher level language but I code almost everything in
straight assembly so I can't stand 'em. I'm using 16
series right now because the 16c745 has built in USB
support which i need. But again, who makes a modern Mcu
for usb development but makes it eprom? Just plain
silly. I'd be back to motorola but HC12 is overpriced
and buggy imo. I do like the A/D and PWM modules on the
16 series though. I need stack access though. Making
stuff re-entrant via tons of cheezy save variables and
common ram to keep the banks straight and etc is not
what i like to have to be thinking about when i'm
coding. i like to be able to think about the code, now
how I can write it to overcome the processor's glaring
shortcomings. Rant mode off! :D
-Kenny