[Diy_efi] was tiny inj: now supercharger

elcamino73 elcamino73 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 29 03:48:04 GMT 2002

I like you're throttlebody :)

Thanks, I'm happy with how it came out.
That's to say it doesn't look like "I" made it.

> I've worked with the same belt/tensioner you have there. It will slip
above
> 15psi and possibly before that(psi of boost is an arbitrary number to use,
> since you'll have less indicated boost if you're engine breaths better).

It will do that. I've got AFR 195cc heads. They are still the best flowing
heads I've seen.
After the headers I'm fitting cable operated cap offs. Or running through
four straight thru mufflers.

> Are you going to run all of those intercoolers? if so will the air-air
ones
> be in series or parallel?

Just the largest in the pic that shows three for an air to air.
The tanks are 4"x3" with 27 inch by 3 charge side.
After that the square one will sit atop the throttle body.(separate pic)
It should have no boost lost through the 13.5" by 9" charge side.

are you running the water from the back of the
> heads to the front through those hard lines? if so that's probably a good
> idea.

Yes they are coolant transfer lines.
 Have you done any cooling mods on the block?

The heads use only a center hole on the intake side so I blocked off the
other two for strength.
 I've had good luck by blocking/restricting some of the front block-head
transfer holes and
> drilling 2 spark plug cooling passages per cylinder on the deck.

Sounds like something I would have considered. Too late now.

What heads,cam and pistons are you using?

JE HD -28cc reverse dome 1.125 height coated with moly and 6" rods coated
with teflon.
Comp cams custom grind hyd roller CS  5443/5208 H 114+4   224/236      .477/
.491

> Anyhow it looks like you got the parts to make a buttload of power.

Ya but Can I put it down?

 Which version of the blower are you using?

D1 with helixed impeller

> As for the belt, I'd try what you have before going to the gilmer setup.

My plan exactly.
What is "the gilmer setup"?

Thanks for your interest

Bill Mintzer