[Diy_efi] Gauge/Sensor accuracy?

EFI Dude efidude at avn-tech.com
Sat Jun 29 23:45:34 GMT 2002

Hi,

Have a stumbling problem on my 5.0 EFI, and before I start
testing and gathering data, I want to make sure my measurement
tools (VDO aftermarket cockpit-series gauges) are accurate.

The question is, how accurate are these?  Especially the
temp and fuel-pressure gauges?  I had seen the sender
output chart (V-out vs. pressure) for a SW pressure sender
some time ago (can't find it now), and it was really
non-linear, and all over the place.  My guess is that the
gauge is not compensated for this, hence my concern.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Neil.