[Diy_efi] Re: [Diy_efi]

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Mon May 6 23:27:49 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Bruce <nacelp at bright.net>
> That's calibration stuff.  I've owned solid disc'd clutch cars on the
street
> with finicky torque curves.   A three puke clutch is about as grabby as
you
> can get.  Yet proper tuning can make it very civilized.

I have driven a twin plate on a loopy cam (8200 RPM peak) which was
entertaining. This was in Dallas and we were trying to avoid alerting cops
in a 5 mile radius. So launches were  slightly pedestrian affair allowing a
few mustangs to get a cars lengh ahead. Get clutch up finally and boot it
and we're off. I have to admit to liking really long (75MPH) first gears if
the car will handle it. Allows you to concentrate in those first 4 seconds
on staying in a straight line. NB this wasn't my car, just same type. I'm
still umming about clutch for mine. I think I need a few more years tuning
first.

> And folks kid me about right, and correct.  It's kids play to get
> calibrations right, getting them correct is where it all becomes an art
form
> Bruce

Funny, over here I would use correct to describe OEM and 'right' to describe
the 'Bruce optimised' version. Maybe Churchill was right :-)

 Bill