[Diy_efi] IAC control

Dan Griffin hs88s15 at hotmail.com
Sat May 25 14:41:15 GMT 2002

>I am somewhat new to thisWhat I am trying to do is control my IAC from the
>drivers seat when rock crawling.>

I doubt that can be done, The ecm controls iac all the time...

Then, let the PCM control it when I'm gettin' groceries or goin' to the
rocks I'm crawlin'. What I'd like to do is install some type of switch box
in the cab of the CJ (Has a 93 5.7 TBI). Then be able to switch the control
from the PCM to manual. What I need to do is turn the idle down to 600 or so
RPM because my gearing is extremely high when rock crawling. Any and all
help is greatly appreciated.Thanks and God Bless!

Read and understand thoroughly Bob R's IAC programming notes, afaik, he's
the most knowledgeable one here with IAC stuff...At best Ive been able to
apply some of them.. This is going to take a lot of chip burns  to get it to
do what you want...might try setting iac steps to a lower# at warm idle, and
lower stall saver a little, lower target idle rpm vs. coolant  a little...
set park to gears iac offset to "0"