[Diy_efi] fuel injection for an airplane engine

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sun May 26 01:57:48 GMT 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002 16:46:50 -0400, "Ron Larock" <rlarock at attbi.com>
wrote:

>I have a 0235 Lycoming airplane engine (235 cubic inch). These engines =
run a
>little under 3000 rpm. I know I can buy electronic fuel injection for =
this
>engine, but it costs $5000 dollars. Would it be fairly easy to install a
>electronic fuel injection for this 4 cylinder engine or just pay the =
cost if
>I ever get enough money?  This engine has magnetos, however, I will =
replace
>one mag with electronic ignition.

You might have a look at the SDS site. Ross Farnham has quite a good bit
of info on aircraft EFI, and IIRC he already has a few clients using his
EFI stuff on Conti/Lyc's, not to mention other experimental engines.

	www.sdsefi.com (scroll all the way down and click on "aircraft")

There are also a number of aircraft people considering using the
MegaSquirt system. Post an interest there concerning you aviation
interests, and they'll likely raise their hands. The link is:

I'm not personally involved myself with either of these orgs, so that's
all I can pass along.

Gar Willis
Principal Engineer
EGOR Techno