[Diy_efi] DIY-WB -- Rcal vs. Ip samples

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Thu Oct 24 15:53:53 GMT 2002

I'd just like to point the readers to the archives of March-May 1998 when
Gar was learning about this.

'Calibration <snip> What I think this MUST mean, is that with the CAL
resistor properly used, AND with the instrument operating in ATM 02, you can
expect the measured Ip to be within 1% of the average/nominal spec'd value
(happens to be 7.5ma)'

And a little later he said

'The free-air 02 ion pumping current my circuit settles at is only 5% off
from what Frank gets with his NTK sensor' <SNIP>''I measured 6.3mA@ 0.445V
and he (Frank) gets 6.0mA@ 0.428V'

He mentions a whole load of other stuff too you can look up if you want.
Interestingly at some point he has decided that he has not posted the whole
story but decided that 1000s of words of bluster are far better than 10
lines to explain the exact differences between when this was a DIYeffort and
when he became a 'commercial' outfit.

Bill