[Diy_efi] Re: Question about speed density, etc.

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 22:38:40 GMT 2002

--- Nick Starai <true at ItsYourDomain.com> wrote:

> I've also wondered the same thing. I've got my MAP
> source for my boost controller on the Surge tank
> (after throttle plate). I can build full boost at
> partial throttle...and wondered if 100% at this
> point will do anything at all. Isn't the compressed
> air basically sitting in the intake manifold waiting
> for the valves to open at this point anyways? Will
> a 100% open throttle plate even allow more air in?

If you are electronically limiting the intake pressure
based on your MAP sensor and an
electronically-controlled waste gate, no; once you
reach maximum MAP, changing the throttle won't matter;
max MAP is max MAP if your system has a hard limit on
it.  CLOSING the throttle should reduce the MAP, but
opening it more will simply cause the ECU to "turn
down" the boost by opening the wastegate more.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |