[Diy_efi] This turbo assist stuff, suggestions

Matt Porritt porrittm at anet.co.nz
Wed Jan 1 04:54:32 GMT 2003

RE: my 1st sentence.

"Same wheels with a BB core shows a marked increase in spool over std.. on
the GT range of turbos anyway."

Ie a Garrett plain bearing with T3 60 comp and a T25 79 trim exh wheel
    a Garrett ball bearing with T3 60 comp and a T25 79 trim exh wheel
The BB DOES spool quicker.

I think that the real advantage is going bigger on comp wheel and with a BB
core still having the same or similar low drivability, with the  big
increases up top.

The friction itself is enough to point to advantages.. Ever heard a plain
bearing turbo spin for about 40 sec after shutting down from idle??
--
Matt Porritt
RC Race Cars and Supplies

On 1/1/03 4:54 PM efi student wrote