[Diy_efi] Area under torque curve?

Derek derek at lola7.com
Fri Jan 3 20:00:17 GMT 2003

You've taken me back over 40 years to my student days but let me give
this a try.

Y = acceleration = distance/time/time
X = time
So area under curve = distance/time/time x time
            = distance / time
            = speed

Y = speed = distance/time
X = time
Area under = distance/time x time
           = distance

So let me try your question now -
X = torque = force x distance
Y = revs/time
Area under = force x distance x revs / time
           = force x distance / time (since revs are dimensionless)
           = "lb.ft. per sec" for instance
           = "rate of doing work"
           =  POWER - I think! - correct me if I'm wrong.

Not exactly "How fast the car is" - but much the same meaning after a
couple of beers.

Derek