[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

arnie arnie_ at charter.net
Sun Jan 5 16:10:06 GMT 2003

IMHO, (note it is still just an opinion, so take for what it is worth)
leave the turbine side WI to the farmers (bless their souls) that run
their tractors 15-20 sec. at a time.  There are those on this 'list' that
believe, what has merit for that short of a duration, can actually be
applied in daily use.  For those that thrive on 'engineering theory', let
them present applicable, relevant, and factual test results, or direction
to same.  At this jucture, for those that actually use/drive their vehicles,
and an 'artificial' means of improving turbo response time is desired,
go with the NOS.

Frankly, if turbo response time is an issue, chances are good, a
poorly implemented turbo setup is being employed.  This is the reason
mechanical supercharging is still very poplar in this country (usa) today.
Turbocharging requires the installer to spend more time/research,
effort, and homework, (or $$ if a turn key kit is desired) to render the
setup a functioning setup as intended.  Forgive me if I didn't 'sugar coat'
my response.

GAS