[Diy_efi] GM MPI on AMC V8 project

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Wed Jan 22 03:24:14 GMT 2003

Kenneth Gaines wrote:

> Hi there guys....definite newbie here. I have been lurking in the background
> for a while now and I finally decided to post something. Let me give you a
> little background on this project...

SNIP

> With all of that said, I have a question or two.
> 1.) How do I tell if thie distributor is, in fact, a computer controlled
> unit?

One big clue is that the computer controller distributor has no vacuum
advance can sticking out of it.

> 2.) If it isn't a computer controlled unit, could it be made so?

Sure.  You need to make it so it doesn't have any advance of its own,
and that the rotor is properly phased to the cap.

> 3.) If it is a computer controlled unit, will it work with the ECM I have
> (1227727)?

Yes.  You will just need the right connectors.  Easily available at a
U-Pull-It yard.

Scot Sealander