[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Axel Rietschin axel_rietschin at compuserve.com
Fri Jan 31 01:23:35 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Wade" <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com>

> What constitutes a "good idea" for racing, as was
> already pointed out, is compromise.  Perhaps the new
> way of doing things gave the same or slightly less
> power, but allowed a much smaller water tank, and thus
> reduced the weight of the car.

Perhaps, I mean everything is possible while the weight is probably not a
good candidate because they have to observe an easily obtainable minimum
weight fot the car but there may very well be another reason not immediately
obvious. Power is limited by the intake restrictor and they are all
struggling to squeeze every bit of hp they can make out of the limited
amount of air so I doubt they will do anything that lessen the engine
output, but who knows?

>  One thing I have found
> in my few years in the motorcycle industry is that it
> is very difficult to reverse-engineer the priorities
> that went into a particular racing part being the way
> it is.  ;)  Everyone seems to have their own order of
> priorities regarding what is the best set of
> compromises to use...

Okay, compromise is the key word.

--Axel