[Diy_efi] Pressure readings perpendicular to airflow

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 3 21:26:57 GMT 2003

> Nope--you lose static pressure going through ducting and/or an
intercooler.

> Greg

Ideally you wouldn't though would you? The way I see it, ideally the
pressure before and after the IC would be the same, so the velocity upstream
of the IC would be higher. The IC causes a loss in dynamic pressure by
cooling the air down and reducing its velocity.

I'm just trying to figure out what the correct thing to measure for pressure
ratios for turbos, etc. Seems like static pressure is what matters in that
regard, but Humphies' book says otherwise. My personal results indicate an
unmeasurably low static pressure loss in my entire intercooler plumbing,
which seemed too good to be true.

Thanks,
Grant Beaty