[Diy_efi] CMOS Levels

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Wed Jun 18 23:55:32 GMT 2003

Carter Shore gave very good advice.  If you are considering
using a TTL gate output to drive CMOS, try an appropriate
pullup resistor to raise the "high" close to 5 V; this usually
works but not 100%.  NEVER drive a 50% CMOS input
with straight TTL.

Gate input "thresholds" are made as narrow a band as
possible (for stability, except hysteresis gates), no gate
input would ever have a threshold band of 10% to 70%.