[Diy_efi] Electronic expertise requested

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 19 03:34:16 GMT 2003

Jacob,

Those are all good points.  I think there is another more simple chip socket
that goes on the J3 port that just takes a newly burned chip with the
program changes.  It is probably much simpler than the EEC Tuner with a much
lower parts count.  Probably if that was technically more reliable (lower
chip count, lower heat output), I could tune on the ground with the EEC
tuner and then load that program into the more reliable chip socket.  If one
computer and its supporting cast is reliable enough, why two?

My own experience with the EEC Tuner has been very good.  I just have to
consider that others have had problems, usually blamed on heat issues.

Dan