[Diy_efi] Re: Electronic expertise requested

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 19 20:22:26 GMT 2003

Carter,

My hands-on experience is in tuning my 1994 Mustang GT with is the older
EEC-IV, still uses a distributor and a spark module that works with the EEC.
I haven't dug into the spark side of the house yet.  I like this year of EEC
because I know I can control all the necessary parameter including the
ability to run open loop if I run leaded aviation fuels.

When I'm ready to put this all together I will have to get into the wiring
diagrams and see how it all flows.  I know if I stick with stock 1994 Ford
ignition I need two of that module.  I had one fail recently and it is a
common complaint on the Mustang forums.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Dan