[Diy_efi] Re: new EFI controller

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Mar 12 22:38:34 GMT 2003

Hi Bill,

> Go to www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html and read his section on the V2
> flyback and why the recirculating system used originally causes problems
> with large flow rate injectors and why this new scheme was developed.

I've  read that.
Sorry, even if that is true,
that has nothing to do with my proposal.
The high discharging voltage can be justified.
To do that against GND instead of 12V cannot.

> Calling it simply a mistake is to belittle the work Bruce Bowling has done
> on this and the hours testing the design.

No. Not at all.
Bruce, Al, Michael and others have all done very good job
with this. However even the most sophisticated design
can have mistakes, inefficiencies, small or large
sections for improvement. It would be fool to think
otherwise (what would we discuss then?).

And we should talk about these issues technically.
(it's practical to use arguments like "it's done that way here
and there etc... " to choose between two very similar
performance options, but you cannot use that to nullify very
real technical arguments, sorry)

Btw Michael said that I'm right, and the only reason
towards GND is that 12V supply to the board
can be a little vague that way (a little thinner wire
and smaller capacitor: but needs better cooling for T3 and
the other disadvantages I wrote).

Marcell

--
If we suffer tamely a lawless attack upon our liberty,
we encourage it, and involve others in our doom.