[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Mon Mar 17 10:08:01 GMT 2003

espresso_doppio at yahoo.com wrote:

> --- Bevan Weiss <kaizen__ at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would also seem that for some reason turbo
> > engines aren't suited to GDI.
>
> On the contrary.  According to Bosch, many of the
> issues regarding detonation with higher boost
> pressures are eliminated, since in stratified mode
> most of the charge won't support detonation
> combustion.  Bosch claims that turbocharging will
> increase thermodynamic efficiency with GDI.

I would think there is less interest for GDI turbocharging because of
smaller compression rate, as lean mode is based on a high CR.

Then, when Bosch claims something for future engines, they might
be also thinking of VVT that would allow using of high CR with
(low pressure) turbocharging (Miller cycle, etc).