[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:15:54 GMT 2003

> > 150bhp isn't that bad, though it certainly doesn't match some of the
WRX's
> > that are being released at the moment.  Crazy amounts of power to just
be
> > giving to people, like 330bhp... and they're becoming so common.
>
> Don't look at the power but rather at the torque.
> As a member of this list you must know that there is a little difference
> between these two measures, and that hp is unimportant in the same way
> as processor frequency is to estimate its computing power.
> A4 is a 1300 kg car, 150bhp are sufficient to travel at 200km/h.

1300kg is quite a chunky car in my books, my 200bhp is 1372kg.
200km/h also isn't that fast, certainly fast enough for a round towner, but
you can get much faster...
GDI is the way of the future (at the moment) no denying it, however at the
moment it's being pushed on the economy cars.  The performance vehicles seem
to still be using sequential injection.  This may be due to the difficulties
in optimising fuel distribution over such diverse engine conditions, ie from
idle(&no load) to 9000rpm(full WOT)

It's not very interesting to look at a manufacturers torque specifications,
as they only list the peak torque value, and the rpm that it was measured
at.  It tells you very little about the actual performance of the car.