[Diy_efi] 91 and newer 4.0 I-6 EFI

Gene Holtzclaw motrv8d at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:02:25 GMT 2003

Tomas,I believe you are right. I too went yesterday and bought two different
manuals on this EFI system and it appears that it is very complicated and
interdependant on several triggers, i.e. appears to have 3 embedded magnets
in the balancer as well as a seperate crank trigger and one in the
distributor. I feel like a real dummy on this list because I am not in the
same tech curve as a lot of the guys on here. Last night I came across a
site where a guy converted a old Barracuda with a slant six using one of the
first tuned port batch fire GM V-6 units and that seemed very straight
forward. The thing is that I am no fool when it comes to money and I know
that I am throwing money into a hole with this car but I don't race it, I
just enjoy aggressive driving. I just don't want to throw $3000 at a system
that would only gain me a few tenths of a second at the track because it
ain't goin there. If this sounds like the right direction, someone please
let me know. I just want to put EFI on a inline 2.5 six, work the bugs out
and then try to turbocharge it.