[Diy_efi] DIY Electronic Boost Controller

a7r at andern.org a7r at andern.org
Mon Mar 31 03:06:45 GMT 2003

Greetings,
    Sorry if this is a bit offtopic (i.e. turbo related), but I'm doing some
searching for a platform to do some electronic boost control experiments with.
Searching the archives, I didn't come across anything that looked like it fit
what I'm wanting, and I wanted to see if anyone on here could give me some
pointers.

I'd like to find (or build) something with roughly the following specs:

	* Fast Microcontroller (e.g. Atmel AVR, new 8051/8052) capable
	  of being easily updated, w/ a decent amount of RAM.  I'm thinking
	  something capable of handling doing some fast fuzzy logic (e.g.
	  fuzzy set evaluation).

	* Peak-and-hold solenoid control.

	* ADCs for sensor input (e.g. intake pressure).

	* Serial port (i.e. RS-232C) for control, programming, and
	  data logging.

In some ways, the above is really similar to a fuel injection system, just
targeted for a different task.  Anyone have any idea on where I could
start looking for the above, maybe repurposing a megasquirt?  Anyone
interested in building something similar?

Thanks.

Alexander