[Diy_efi] Bosch LH-Jetronic

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell
Tue Apr 5 19:20:58 UTC 2005

_Espresso_doppio at yahoo.com_ (mailto:Espresso_doppio at yahoo.com)   wrote:

>AFAIK, the L-Jet is an analog system, which means no
>maps or  digital data at all.  Analog systems can be
>"tuned" within certain  limits by changing component
>values in various parts of the ECU, but  since it's all
>analog circuitry, mapping as we know it in the  digital
>world does not exist.  The ignition unit is  separate
>because L-Jet is fuel-only.

The LH Jetronic system is definitely digital, using a low-spec Intel
microprocessor (8035 I think) and there has been discussion in this and other  forums
about the v2.2 system which is fitted to Volvos, Saabs and other cars of  the
era.

You are right in that it controls fuel only.  But there is a separate  Bosch
ignition controller and that's part of my reason for asking for  information.

I have Probst's book on Bosch systems.  It covers the basic  specs, and
setting-up details, but nothing of the detail I am looking for.   I'll look out for
the others, but I suspect the info I want will only come from  those who have
worked in the industry close to Bosch, or those dedicated enough  to have
reverse-engineered a system already.

Thanks for the guidance though.  Keep it coming guys!

Will C