[Diy_efi] Post 4-Wire O2 Sensor Swap Observations...

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Thu Apr 21 13:59:03 UTC 2005

Ive never heard of any control on the heater... it just heats the O2 during open loop to get the sensor to work quicker, and then it shuts off due to exhaust gases keeping the temp at operating temperature....

jim

"Daniel R. Nicoson" <A6intruder at myo-p.com> wrote:
I'm not sure about your specific 02 sensor but I thought the "heated" type
sensors actually controlled the heater to achieve a specific temp at the
sensing element, a closed loop heater control circuit. It sounds like your
installation simply provides battery power without any control?

If so, the sensor may not be reading correctly and is causing the
inconsistencies you have noticed.

Dan Nicoson

http://mail.yahoo.com