[Diy_efi] tuning question

Tim Marsteiner tmarstei
Fri May 13 04:44:25 UTC 2005

Yes. The engine and the IAT sensor get pretty hot when
idling. It's the steepness of the curve from ~68 to
~90 that may be causing some variation. Pretty tough
to control IAT on the road.

On top of this I think I am getting some heat soak. I
have an aftermarket air kit with a thick aluminum
backing plate which bolts to the cylinder heads with
some good size aluminum standoffs and guess what, the
IAT sensor is mounted through this plate, and only
sticks out less than 1/2". I have noticed that on a
given ride over time as the engine heats up, the IAT
also goes up several degrees. This is happening at
road speeds greater then 50 mph. One would think at
these speeds with good air flow it shouldn't go up
much. I think I've got another IAT sensor. I will try
just clipping it on a better spot.

Thanks,
Tim

(http://www.mrcontrols.com/installs/nemesis/tuning.htm)