[Diy_efi] Re: standard Motec curve and the Hydra EMS curve

Tim Marsteiner tmarstei
Mon May 16 18:53:53 UTC 2005

Good insight.

Thanks Phil and Michael.

I've smoothed out my IAT correction curve a bit and
bumped up the ignition and things have gotten a bit
more consistant.

I took a thermocouple and poked it through the air
cleaner a few inches and captured its reading along
with my bikes IAT. There is a large discrepency (10-15
F)... both in response time and absolute temps. There
is definitely some heat soak with the factory IAT
sensor. I will rig up a different mounting system and
see if things improve.

Thanks,
Tim