[Diy_efi] swap part questions

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu May 19 02:53:51 UTC 2005

It's only been about 3 years now that I've been working on putting a
vorted 350 into my '78 Monte Carlo...

I'm looking for suggestions on some parts.  First is a trans mount:

ftp://diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/transmount.jpg

This is the stock '98 4L60E mount.  My tunnel doesn't have quite as much
room as the pickup did, I'd like to find a mount that's about an inch
shorter.  I thought a Camaro might have something shorter but it's
completely different, at least in '98.  Any suggestions for a different
year or model that might put the trans closer to the cross member?

ftp://diy-efi.org/uploads/sgr/airbox.jpg

The stock air inlet has some kind of box attached, about 6"x6"x6", for
noise reduction?  Doesn't fit under the hood, so had to go.  Any clever
ideas for filling the hole where it connects?  A 2" PVC cap almost fits
but is just too small.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet