[Diy_efi] Speed Density EFI adaptable to V-Twin?

Terry Kramer tkramer
Fri May 27 19:30:31 UTC 2005

I'm not intimately familiar with the Delphi system, but have a hard time
believing that any motorcycle (or car) EFI system can match the technology
in the latest BMW Motoronic system.

Consider this.

Each cylinder has its own O2 sensor.

Each cylinder has its own fuel map.

Each cylinder has two spark plugs, and each of these two spark plugs have
there own spark map. So at various times, the different plugs in the same
cylinder diverge on spark timing.

Each cylinder has its own knock sensor.

The injection is sequential.

So the ECU actually controls the boxer twin as if it were two single jugs,
working to their maximum efficiencies!

This type system would be the way cool on a HD Twin. With the exception of
the differences in timing from a V to a Boxer, I suppose one could do a
transplant. Think about such a system on V-8!