3800 series II swap, please read :)

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Thu Jul 15 23:29:17 GMT 1999

> It's possible that after 30-60 minutes there is more than just the tip of
> the injector being filled with fuel...  I'd throw a FP guage on the fuel
> rail and see how far it drops after 30 minutes or so... Sounds like the
> injectors are leaking quite a bit more than they should to make it so rich
> it smokes... 5-10 drops won't do that!
> I'd also aske the guy that cleaned them to show you documentation that
they
> are "allowed" to drip a certain amount... All the service manuals I've
> looked at show that the pressure shouldn't drop more than 1-2 PSI after an
> hour and should still have pressure after sitting all night.

Well, I've physically looked at the injectors on the rail but out of the
engine .... and after 30 - 60 mins.. the little clyinders at the tips of the
injectors are completely filled.. so perhaps it is more than 5 - 10 drops?
Also , I did look at the book of his that said that 1 drop per minute is
allowed... however.. I completely agree with you in that they shouldn't leak
at all.. (one of them is dry as a bone ... it's 5 that are leaking.. two are
bad, three not so great)

Cheers ,

Kevin