a MAF too small

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Jul 22 09:18:43 GMT 1999

> From:          EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
> Date:          Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:47:22 EDT
> Subject:       Re: a MAF too small
> To:            gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

> Hi Dave,
>         Is your system a draw through or (blow?)flow through on the MAF??????

Draw thru

>  If it is a draw through you might be losing adiabatic efficiency caused by
> the vacuum situation at the inlet,,,,,creating heat, losing efficiency, even
> though the boost might show high enough, the mass just isn't there.....but if
> yours is a blow through(I hope the screens are there) I would like to be
> involved if you are interested in trying to use a syclone code running a
> separate computer as a fueler,,,,,,

Kind of out of my scope for now.. unless I really HAVE to.

>hmmmm another thought,,,I think we could
> even do the spark in 2 or 3 bar and leave your stock computer (165) just to
> handle the fueling till the MAF runs out,

again.. yea nice to think of the possibilities as a mad science
experiment.. my initial goal is to go "good nuff".  boy what would
that dual computer setup win me at the car show ? ;-)

>,,,,btw where did you find a kit for
> that year or was it homemade???????

Its a common year I thought.. its a Pax*ton  (there, now you can't
search the archives and find a commercial entry  ha ha). you have to
relocate the alternator down low.. unit sits on the drivers side
high. what I CAN'T find is an INTERCOOLER for it (PS: HELP?)

Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp