a MAF too small

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Fri Jul 23 16:01:10 GMT 1999

It''s not that it is a restriction, it's the lack of being calibrated for
enough flow.  While on your NA engine you might barely peg it is one thing,
but maxing it out at 3K S/C is another matter entirely.
  Same with the Hot GN's.  Just cause you can use it that way, doesn't make
it right.
  While if the range that the MAF missses covering the engine ain't much
then the error is slight, but as the RPM/error increases, get your wallet out.
  On one dyno test in back to back testing the MAF was 30 HP.  Course was a
hot rodded engine.  ]
  There ain't no universal good bad enough MAF answers.
Pegging one at 3K rpm in my book is gonna have a short life in my book.

One other thought I had was using the 808 code, and use a ford MAF.
The 808 is MAP, but I've heard that no start up look at MAP involved,
ANY Thruth to that??????.

I would have thought with all the folks looking at the 730/165 lately
someone would know how/share how to make one a 2 bar application.
Bruce