4T-65E

Jeff M tystorm at email.msn.com
Tue Jul 27 05:29:12 GMT 1999

It was said:

>Kevin, go to the same sights I posted earlier today regarding the
>4T440/4T60/4T60E, there a plenty of links to the info you need on the
>4T65E/HD, and so much more!  If you are planning on running bigger power,
>make sure to get either a 4T65E-HD or change out the gears and carrier in a
>4T65E to get the hardened ones from the HD.
>
>Jeff Middaugh
>tystorm at email.msn.com

>Jeff, I don't see any sites posted earlier today, can you email them to the
>list?

Here they are again (hope they got through the first time, someone else
missed this info I sent for them):

http://transonline.net
http://www.thegrid.net/thedrivetrainpage
http://www.atraonline.com   (and check out their "Gears" back issues)
http://www.bantapubnet.com
http://www.transgo.com  http://www.altousa.com
http://www.members.aol.com/atsgmo2/atsg.htm
http://www.transtec.com

>Also, the tranny I have found is out of a 1998 Grand Prix GTP .. obviously
>65E-HD no?

Since you did not say before, I was not for sure.  If the RPO number for the
tranny is MN7, it's the one and only.

>Thanks a lot in advance
>
>Kevin Margitta

Also know that the gears may list for this tranny as either 2.86, 3.05 or
3.29 but the drive chains (2 of them) and attaching gears (sprockets) can
change the final gearing to the wheels.

Good luck (just say no to traction control).

Jeff Middaugh
tystorm at email.msn.com