Ignition Modules

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jul 27 14:19:15 GMT 1999

> Oh..oh..oh...thats the regular prom..ok,.those are just lookup tables and a
> smidgen of actual code. (I asssume thats the "car specific" code thats used.
> LIke $37AF-$3FFF or so..I see what you meant now. So this means as far as you
> can tell, are there differences between FWD and RWD modules?

There are differences between the proms, however there doesn't seem to
be between the units, aside from prom changes.  The GN prom code, after
burning, worked just find in the FWD ecm of the same number (148) and
worked fine, other than hardware bugs the computer was not expecting
(like detonation from too high compression, too high boost, etc).

As far as I can tell, and I didn't cut them apart or anything, they seem
to be the same.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology