LS1 - Flash - Reprogramming

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 3 02:57:09 GMT 2000

> calibration!!   I have access to a few of the chips; Intel flash 28fn400
> ??......I don't have one in front of me, that is probably not the exact
> number.  What programmer are you using to read these?  It looks like a 44
> pin chip; do they sell an adapter for it, or is it DIY?

I'll address this part (clueless on the rest ;) ).

Chip is 28F400BX. My adapter is DIY. I tried reading it with a Needhams
EMP-20, the chip is on the supported devices list.

Basically, my adapter is a circuit board that has the SMD chip on it, with a
44-pin dual row header going down the center of the board and under the
center of the chip. I actually had 4 made (just the way I get my boards), so
I've got 3 left. I use a dual row header that has short legs that go flush
with the board on the side where the chip mounts, and then they stick down
.8", so I can spread them apart and stick them in the ZIF socket. That part
works, I just need to look at all of my soldering. Those leads are mighty
small. ;)

Kinda looks like this (uh-oh, ascii art time!)

ooooo|        |oooooo
ooooo|        |oooooo