Ecm role expanding?

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Nov 28 00:21:52 GMT 2000

     Bruce , I Agree with your comments. Vehicles have become mobile living
rooms
     and offices. The Creature comforts are neat , the complexity is
outrageous and
     have become very difficult to repair when these "features" go astray.
     The cancellation of the Camaro and TransAm cars is presently a Gray area ,
     according to some GM inside folks. The F Platform is History though.
     The thought that ABS brakes stop better than conventional brakes is False.
     It's that they don't lock up and skid. Perfect for folks who should
not be driving.
     AutoMakers are under pressure from Insurance industry and Gov't
regulators
     to design  FAIL SAFE transportation devices , by removing the human
element.
     Qualifying Operator Credentials are now reduced to ; Do they have a
heart beat ?
     Soon a Home Mortgage sized investment will be required to Own ANY Vehicle.
     Some of the Gussied up trucks are pushing $50k. There's got to be a
price pressure
     fail point.        I personally  yearn  for basic SIMPLICITY.
     Emissions for the most part is really about Population Density
"Control" and "Tax" Revenue
     Enhancment.  Funny thing  about all those sulfur compounds being
generated by those Cats.
     Don't use Coal Tech fuels , they pollute , Export it instead for
bigger $$$.. There " WAS"
     Oil and Gasoline from Coal gas in the 1940s. Todays Bells and Whistles
you say Man ?
     Len