Ecm role expanding?

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Wed Nov 29 02:40:02 GMT 2000

Just my $.02 worth here............Once upon several dozen times I've been
both spectator and participant where the main "game" was to take average
drivers and put them into average production vehicles, and then simulate
average typical treacherous/dangerous driving modes with either snow or rain
as the traction limiter.

Granted, a smart/good driver will have already adequately compensated for
such road conditions, and he/she will probably be in both good position and
mindset to pump/release/steer/pump/etc....  However, the rest of the
unwashed masses are far less fortunate, and ABS really does make a
difference for them.  For those kinds of people, I applaud the OE movement
toward widely available ABS & Traction Control systems, and things of the
like.

Please though,  just give me (and similar like minded people) a quick defeat
switch for times when "I" choose to be in control.  Whether or not I can
accomplish better than a "system" is open to debate, but, at least if I hit
something I'll have nobody to blame but myself during such modes.

Walt.