Quick question on GM truck PCM ALDL lines

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Feb 1 02:49:09 GMT 2001

Syclones Typhoons use an ecm 1227749
Bruce

From: Steve Ruse
Thanks for the reply Al.
I am actually asking for someone who wants me to build an interface cable
for him that will work with both trucks. As long as the logic levels used
are the same, I don't have any problems. Does anybody know what software he
can use besides TunerCAT? Will TunerCAT actually work with the S-10? It
isn't listed on their site, but I would guess it is the same PCM that is
used in the Cyclone/Typhoon.

Thanks!
Steve Ruse

From: Chipsbyal at aol.com Chipsbyal at aol.com
Yes, both of these PCM's are the same. The part numbers may be different,
only because of superseding PCM's. The 95 S10 has a 16 pin connector in case
it was a VCM equipped model. As long as you don't have the PCM under the
hood, you'll have the same data type. Does the C2500 have a heavy duty
overdrive trans? This would make the data a little bit different, only in
the
transmission info.
AL