383 TPI Dyno runs

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Tue Feb 6 06:16:22 GMT 2001

Took the 89 Iroc to the chassis dyno last friday.

http://www.delanet.com/~tgp/89iroc/89iroc.html

the motor setup is in the "383 project" link if interested.

Cam is a bit short on duration, and the TPI lower intake is stock.

Car runs a high 12, and the RWHP dyno data does not support that fact. Gives weight to mega-torque motors beating the conventional ET / weight - HP calculation (3550 lb)

ONE NOS run on the sheet - a 25 HP gain with a little 32 jet. NOS is injected dry, but VE is compensated from 3200 to 6000 (94 - 98% VE there)

I'm wondering if the dyno data is symptomatic of an advanced camshaft. Seems to drop off more severely and earlier then I expect, but only 300 rpm earlier.