383 TPI Dyno runs

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Feb 7 03:41:07 GMT 2001

The HOT cam has too much lift for my valve springs (510 max springs). I knew
I would still be in need of duration, but the ZZ3 cam had a really nice
price tag, and the car is a street runner.

Yes, I have ONE port finished on the new lower intake ;-) I have till the
23rd to get it done, then another run at it.

My chip is still stock spark advance.. I got 7 hp with 3 more degrees
between 3500 and 4500. Its at 29 degrees at WOT.. still some room to push.

The cam was definetly off a tooth - the shop did that.. I fixed it. then I
did a poor mans degree-in and it came up dead on. They missed the 0.1 oil
squirters to the timing chain too, and the oil pan grooves, and the cam
clearance to the rod bolts, and the oil pan dings, ..,..  I educated them
big time. They even wanted me to pay for 3 tear-downs  HA!

The 400 is at a different shop.