GM TPS to Ford throttle body

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Thu Feb 8 00:04:02 GMT 2001

Early GM TPS have slotted mounting screws so the signal voltage at idle can be
adjusted.
Later sensors are non adjustable.  ECM's used with those sensors use the lowest tps
reading as zero throttle opening.

You should use a meter to determine where max voltage output is obtained.  You may
not really have a problem.  Most TPS "close" more than the throttle shaft they are
actuated by.

Low end of signal voltage is usually less than 1v for GM auto zero
units, with .5 +/-.25v being a nice number for the adjustable part.

Shannen