165 $6E MAF scalar

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Thu Feb 8 14:25:08 GMT 2001

What does the MAF Scalar tables do in a $6E PROM?

Here's how I'm trying to use them.  Have disabled closed loop and playing
with injector constant to set the AFR I want.  In the process, idle is out
of whack, extremely erratic.  So, I had the bright idea to change the MAF
scalar table.  Since I leaned out the AFR, I boosted the first four values
in the MAF Scalar #1 table to richen up idle.  I had ONE chip that made for
a really smooth idle but was really rich on the highway.  I put that chip
back in last night, but it was erratic now too.  Think I may be fighting
something else like a fouled plug.

What can typically cause erratic idle?  Too little/much fuel?  Vacuum leaks?
Got some scan data if anybody cares.

Thanks, Steve